Can talking through your problems actually be causing you more harm than good? Definitely...if your conversations are creating more problems than they're resolving. Challenge yourself today to talk a little less. You might be surprised at how much quicker you move...
Don’t Let Other’s Rent Space in Your Head – Digital Audio Download
“Forget results, forget motivation, forget positive thinking,” warns Coxe. “That sort of thinking only leads to a yo-yo syndrome and prompts individuals to seek out quick fixes, leaving them ill-equipped to deal with the failures we are all certain to experience.”
Instead of just trying to pump up his audience, Coxe shares his Four-Step Process that works to rewire the brain, breaking our addiction to immediate gratification and replacing it with a richer level of emotional control and a greater appreciation for the process and journey of success.
Coxe’s proprietary process emphasizes the need to: acknowledge counter-productive behaviors; confront limiting beliefs and replace them with empowering beliefs or thoughts; and formulate an extensive history or list of the positive experiences resulting from this new belief system.
- Don’t just let things that bother you slide. Take control. Eliminate the things and people that 'rent space in your head' so you can use that space for thoughts that are helpful and productive.
- Develop a strong attitude before you need it to survive. Build mental toughness. Be “on stage” no matter how you feel, recognize you can be more completely in control of your feelings & emotions.
- Depending on where you are in life, positive thinking may be counter-productive. Eliminate irrational optimism so that you can reach your goals more quickly and speed up your healing time when confronted with inevitable losses.
- Depending on where you are in life, positive thinking may be counter-productive. Eliminate irrational optimism so that you can reach your goals more quickly and speed your healing time when confronted with inevitable losses.
- Use a mentor, or even a pessimist, when reviewing your goals or business plans. They’ll help you see things you may have overlooked because of your own optimism.
- Take your journey to the next level by helping people in need along the way. Through his own triumph over adversity, Coxe has learned that the real key to success is learning how to keep moving forward in spite of problems and challenges. While motivation is an important step along the way true progress comes from correct, consistent action.